Dear CANPAD members,
Here is wishing you all a happy holiday season and a fulfilling year ahead. This is a moment to thank you all for your support in the past year which has helped us to accomplish much as an EXCO on your behalf. in 2018, We had the following:
1: A highly successful CANPAD conference in Calgary.
2. The Committee for Kelowna 2019 is already hard at work preparing to receive us and as usual, looking for your cooperation for early bookings for a seamless outing.
3. Continue to field calls and give directions to new Physicians arriving here in Canada and celebration of our members as we build a community of lasting friendships and common bonds.
4. We remain engaged with the Federal Ministry of Health in Abuja with the Diaspora Professional Healthcare Initiative (DPHI) which seeks to create opportunities for those in our midst who want to give back and transfer skills to colleagues back at home during their holidays in Nigeria and still get paid a stipend and travel expenses.
5. We are working tirelessly towards providing CME at the Annual General Meeting of the Nigerian Medical Association in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State in April/May, 2019.
6. We are sorry that our website remains a sore point and we are working to launch our new website which will serve us better very early in the new year.
7. It is my hope that we will have a portal for those seeking renewal of licenses with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council through our new and improved website.
We crave your continuing support and ongoing reach out to fellow Nigerian Physicians and Dentists in your sphere of influence.
Have a wonderful and successful 2019. We remain one. Motunrayo J Adetola MBChB, FCFP DPD(Cardiff) M.Ed(Ottawa)